Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Cutest Pinafore Ever!

I am busy trying to make some summer clothes for Miss Faye. I came across the cutest pattern. It was so cute that I stopped shopping around and bought it right away.

I also hit the store the next day to pick up fabric so I could start right away!

Once I sat down to start today I realized I need to organize my sewing area. I had a disaster on my hands. Scraps of fabric everywhere and a few projects in various stages of completion just sort of spread out, left me with not much room to work.


Not perfect but MUCH better!

Back to my Pinafore....The top is reversible so I picked up some great fabrics to have fun with this pattern.

The pattern came from Sew Sweet Patterns and was a PDF. I printed it out right away and once the boys went to bed I got the pattern taped together and traced onto my swedish tracing paper (I love that stuff).


When ever I make clothes I make a point to pre-wash and dry the fabric to pre-shrink it. It took me all of about an hour to put together the pinafore and wow is it just adorable!
I still have to get the buttons on. My little miss woke up from her nap and I had to stop sewing for the time being.
I think the the two materials are perfect together. I don't think I'm going to wait until summer to put this on her. I think I will put it over a long sleeved onsie and some leggings!
The back is just too cute! I will add the buttons and take some pictures of Miss Faye in it tomorrow. Oh, and I also planned on making the bloomers to go with it.

ETA...The finished outfit! I am so in love with it! It is a bit big on her but I did make the 9 -12 month size since it is for summer and it is only April still. I added a ribbon trim around the bottom of the bloomers...the pattern had elastic around the bottom with cute little ties on the sides. I may still add some elastic to see what I think.

The back
The reverse side...she was starting to get mad at me for messing with the clothes. The blue in the fabric is the same as her eyes though. I'm soooo in love!
And because I just can't wait for summer, I put a long sleeved top underneath with some leggings!
It is just perfect! I can't wait to use the other fabrics to make it again!




No comments:

Post a Comment