Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Harper Reversible Dress

I really have a thing for Sew Sweet Patterns. They have so many cute patterns out there! I made The Harper Reversible Dress and not only is it cute but it was super easy to make as well. I found this fabric at Jo Anne Fabrics (I really need to start paying attention to the designers for the fabrics). It is a soft cream background with the blue birds and yellow and blue flowers. I am just loving bird fabrics lately.

I love the pleats at the top, and then the classic A-Line silhouette is just perfect for a little girl. The sizing was perfect for this dress though. I was a bit upset that the directions said to get 1/2 yard of each fabric and that was not enough. When I went to cut out the pattern, the fabric was a good 3 inches too short and I needed to make another trip to the fabric store.
 
 For the reverse side I found a subtle yellow tone plaid.


 The best part....the model! It is soooo hard to get a clear shot of her. She is a mover and a shaker and this was the best I could do.
 And the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment