Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring Bloomers

It has been quite a long time since I have sewn an article of clothing. I was sooo excited when I found out we were going to have a girl so I would have an excuse to sew more. Here is the first thing I have made for my little girl. I made a pair of spring bloomers for Miss Faye


I have no idea what lines the fabrics came from. I got them at the local Hobby Lobby. I usually hate to shop there for fabric since their selection is so poor but I happened to walk by and loved the print.


I just love the detail that the giant ric rack gives around the ankles.
 



And here is my little model. I need to make a cute top to go with these...the onsie just doesn't do it justice. I love the elastic waist and that the bloomers are roomy enough to fit over her cloth diaper. So many things just don't fit over the fluff.



I got the pattern from this book. It was pretty easy to follow the directions and I will definitely make her a couple more pairs. I can see them in a nice corduroy for fall or a fun applique on the bum! 


No comments:

Post a Comment